Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Preschool/Ice cream/DWTS


Lillian spent all afternoon with the preschoolers yesterday. Yay! Her teachers felt that she was the most ready to move up in her class of toddlers, but when it came down to it, Lillian was a little bit hesitant. She's been visiting off and on over the past few weeks and now yesterday she was able to spend quite a bit of time with her new classmates. I was so proud of her when I saw that she was playing with the preschoolers when I arrived for pick up. She was happy being there and asked to go to preschool again today. She will be moving up to the preschool room full time this fall. It's hard for me to grasp that she is already preschool age, but I could not be more proud of her and how well she is doing at Montessori. WAY TO GO LILLIAN!!

For a special treat, I took the girls and their friend Maddie to The Dairy Queen for twist ice-cream cones. They literally giggled the whole way there, the whole time while eating ice-cream and the whole entire ride home. Silly girls.

Adam and I had a great night of sitting around the kitchen island, eating late night snacks and cuddling up on the couch for some good old HGTV. Nights like this remind me of fall, and I'm getting excited that it's near. Our favorite shows, Castle and Modern Family will be starting soon and we're getting anxious to pick up where our favorite characters left off.

Ok, did any of you see the new line up for Dancing With Stars ~ Season 11??
I've pretty much given up on reality TV, but for some reason (no matter how BAD the cast is) I still watch DWTS. I've let Alexa and Lillian watch it over the years, but I'm starting to question my parenting, as the dresses keep getting skimpier and skimpier. I remind them several times throughout the show that they are just costumes and are NOT appropriate to wear.
Now, I'm questioning my sanity for actually continuing to watch it myself. I swore after Kate Gosselin made it through the first round last season, I'd never watch the show again. But, the drama of Cheryl and Chad Ochocinco and Maks and Erin Andrews kept me intrigued to finish out the season. Plus, Nicole from the Pussy Cat Dolls was GOOD.
Last night I saw the new cast was revealed and I quickly scanned through the list to see who they came up with this year.


Bristol Palin - You're a doll. But, how can anyone take you seriously after this? There are other ways to make money to support yourself and your little boy. Stay away from the spotlight, girl. You are better than this.
Brandy - Another singer/wanna-be dancer. Good Luck Sweetheart, you have big shoes to fill...(ex. Mya, The Cheetah Girl, Mel B.)
David Hasselhoff - Really?? Get over yourself.
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino - Ok, so you have abs of steel. But, can you dance? Fist pumping doesn't count! However, I think you will win over the ladies.

Michael Bolten - BBAAAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Kurt Warner - They needed someone from the NFL, so it's your turn. I'm thinking you'll do well this season, tho.

Florence Henderson - I love you!! But, you've been chosen to represent the older generation this season. You're there for the demographic. You aren't going to win. Sorry.

Margaret Cho - I've never heard of you. Apparently you are a pretty famous comedian. Judging how other comedians have faired on this show, you'll be lucky if you make it past round 2.

Jennifer Grey - aka Baby from Dirty Dancing - You came from a line of actors/entertainers. I have high hopes for you this season. I'm rooting for you.
Kyle Massey - My kids love you. They will be cheering for you all season. We are huge fans of Cory in the House on Disney. You have a great personality and will be fun to watch.

Rick Fox - Another athlete. A basketball player this time. You're tall. Good luck with that.

Audrina Patridge - I've never watched you on The Hills, but I've seen your face all over magazines. That means you're drama. DWTS likes drama, but I don't know if they can handle you. Prove me wrong.
These are just my personal opinions. Most likely they will change throughout the season, as they usually do. Does anyone else watch DWTS or am i the only one? haha