Monday, March 28, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun....

We had such a great weekend visiting Grandma's and Grandpa's and would you believe I haven't a one picture to show for it? What is wrong with me? I even brought my camera, but it didn't leave my purse once (except when we visited my Grandpa - those pics will be posted later).

Lillian fell asleep on the ride up (3 hours), which we don't normally allow, cuz then she won't go to bed once we get there, but she's been fighting a cough the last few days, so we let her sleep. She obviously needed the extra rest.

We haven't been up to my parents since Christmas, so there was some excitement when we arrived. It's been awhile since Grandpa and Grandma have seen their little grandbabies - Alexa and Lillian had so many new tricks and things up their sleeves they needed to show off. Grandpa almost fell off his chair when Alexa jumped in the air and landed in the splits. We rearranged their living room, so she could show them her cartwheels and round-off's. And Lillian had her fair share of crab walks, donkey kicks and balancing on one leg tricks that she's learned since the last time they've seen her.

When they finally settled down and got into their cuddly stages of the night, we took them up to bed. Lillian still had to do her Nebulizer treatment, so I set her on the bed with her little mask. She was having a hard time sitting still without a TV to distract her, so I started digging through my old closet and dug out some of my old baby dolls, barbies and my little ponies. Lillian was in complete awe over all these old toys I used to play with. She was in 7th heaven. She couldn't wait until morning to play with them all. Luckily, she did end up falling asleep for me pretty quickly. I was a bit worried I brought on a second wind after bringing out all the toys. haha

Saturday morning we went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa on my mom's side. My girls call her Grandma Kitty (Katie). It's super cute. Even though we had just eaten a big breakfast, you can't come to my Grandma's house and not eat! She had fruit and cheese and crackers, chips and treats set out for us. It was such a great visit and my favorite part was when Lillian just randomly walked up to her great-grandpa and laid her head on his arm. He bent down and scooped her up and held her on his lap. It, for real, was the cutest ever!

After our visit with them we took off to Fergus Falls to visit my Grandpa on my dad's side who lives in the Veteran's Home. We took him out to dinner and then went back to "his house". My girls always like to go visit the pet birds and fish they have in the home and it's really sweet to see all the residents there light up when the see small children. They all want to reach out to them and touch their hands. I'm so proud that my girls don't get scared and back away, they give them a little high five and a sweet little smile that literally makes the residents day. :)

Alexa took over my Grandpa's cane and walked around like she had a broken leg, which was pretty funny considering the cane was far too big for her to use as a "crutch". Lillian and Grandpa had a blast together. They have this little game they play where Lillian has something (at Christmas it was chap stick - this time it was m&m's) and gives it to my Grandpa who then hides it either in his hand or pocket or somewhere, and then Lillian tries to get it away from him. It's so cute to see them play together. Alexa chimes in every once in awhile, too, for back up when one of them needs help getting it back. If I ever figure out how to post a longer video on here, I will post it of them playing. It's priceless and memories that will last forever.

Sunday was the spring dinner at my Mom's church. This is always a huge hit with the kids because there is a fish pond, a kids raffle and the cake walk. Lillian got a little confused, I think, because she wasn't expecting to have to sit through mass first before she could go play. It put her in a pretty sour mood and I ended up carrying and holding her most of the time. She had a small meltdown while we were in line to eat, but that was kind of the turning point of her mood switch. She was fine after that and enjoyed all the festivities. As soon as she was able to get a few prizes at the fish pond, got some food in her tummy and signed up for the raffle, she was all smiles. She even won 2 things at the raffle - 2 things I didn't even know she was signed up for, but they were great prizes. A Toy Story 3 view finder and an Elmo sing-along DVD - win! Alexa came home with some pretty cool things from the fish pond, some good quality stuff rather than some crappy trinket. However, we didn't win a cake at the cake walk. The girls just weren't into it after the 3rd try. haha

We pretty much packed up and left right after the dinner. The weekends always seem to fly by so quickly. As they say, Time flies when you're having fun!! So true!