Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Fling for Ouna's Closet - Guest Blogger!


My twitter friend Smelly Shoes Vintage gave me the chance to guest spot on her blog, and I am so honored and happy!!! I want to share with you all my shop's spring collection, called Spring Fling in honor of all things yummy, flighty, and colorful about spring. Here in Puerto Rico it's practically summer all through the year, with the fall and winter months mainly being chillier and super rainy. Since we have most of the main shops from the United States and Europe at our malls, we get sent tons of dark colors and drab winter stuff that I really don't like, because we are a tropical island where it doesn't snow ever!!! This is why I love spring, everybody gets cheerier, the stores get brighter, and collectively our moods get lighter.
I took tons of inspiration for this collection for the shop from my island's colors, the flowers that adorn us everywhere we look and the sheers and laces that are perfect for our hot and humid climate. I did this shoot with my two favorite curly girls, Gabriela and Paola, on the roof of one of Old San Juan's many apartment buildings. We had such a blast! The lighting was perfect, the day wasn't too unbearably hot, and the girls had such fun playing with the clothes and the poses.





I am so excited about this spring collection. It is the BIGGEST collection I have ever built for the shop. There are so many sheers, lace, skirts, shorts, jeans, long 70's style pants, mexican inspired tops and dresses, flimsy fabrics, cottons, it's just perfection. I went to VSJ with my beautiful girls to shoot this lookbook for spring. I took 1 box of clothes, 4 pairs of perfect Jeffrey Campbells, an ecobag full of belts and jewelry, my own camera and tons of inspiration. This is what came of it all. Enjoy!

Where you can find more:
Ouna's Closet
GalerĂ­a Suchville, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
open Monday-Saturday 11 to 7
www.ounascloset.com

Twitter.
Facebook.
You Tube.
Ouna's Closet Blog.

(Thank you for the Fabulous guest post, Miss Angela! :)