Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring is Here!!


On Sunday as we were rushing to get ready for church, Alexa yelled from the bedroom that she saw a robin in the back yard. We all rushed to the window and sure enough, there was one hopping around the brown dead grass. We watched it for a long time, so happy to see this very beautiful sign of spring. Then we saw a few more flying around near the neighbors tree. It was awesome.

Last night and this morning we've been experiencing the first significant thunderstorm of the year, with heavy rain at times, bright flashes of lightning and loud booms of thunder.

The snow is mostly gone. We see larger patches of brown grass in the yard with only a few mounds of snow left. Everything looks so wet and dirty right now, but we're envisioning the green grass, leaves on the trees, warm sunshine and afternoons at the park.

The girls had the chance to ride bike a little last weekend. It's clear that Alexa has outgrown her bike and will need a bigger one for the summer. Lillian still loves her trike, stopping every so many pedals to ring the bell on her handlebars. And Chip, our dog, could not be happier with his extra time outside.

What does spring look like where you are??

*****

I have another favor of my awesome blog friends. Echo Echo Embroidery is giving away a free personalized diaper bag, or tote bag to those who get 20 of their friends to "Like" their facebook page. Please click HERE, "Like" their page and tell them Dawn L. sent you on their wall. I appreciate all the help. I need 12 more "likers". This will also get you 3 extra entries into any giveaway you enter or have entered on my blog. Just leave a comment saying you did my favor and liked Echo Echo Embroidery on facebook and told them I sent you.

You could receive this lovely gift, too. Just get 20 of your friends to "like" Echo Echo Embroidery and tell them who sent them. :) It's as easy as that. If you ever need a favor like this - be sure to holler at me - I'm always happy to return the kind gesture.

*****

I have some pretty awesome giveaways going on right now. You don't want to miss out. Check my top right sidebar for all the links. And be sure to check back often - I have lots to come.


Happy Tuesday Friends!