Thursday, March 17, 2011

Did you trap those little leprachauns??

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Last night Alexa and Lillian put together a "trap" for the little leprechauns.
They filled a green cup with pretty little sparkly things and glitter to make it look like they stole the leprechaun's gold - so when the leprechauns come to take it back they can cover the cup and BAM..they are caught!! And according to Alexa, if you catch a leprechaun - he HAS to give you ALL his gold.
St. Patty's Day is always a huge event at All Stars Montessori where Alexa attended preschool and where Lillian currently goes. They spend weeks constructing a HUGE trap for the leprechauns and try really really hard every year to catch them. During nap time they set the trap and then when all the kids wake up - they (always) find that they leprechauns outsmarted their trap, destroyed their classroom and got away with not giving the kids any real gold, but leave a small chocolate gold coin for each kiddo.
It's so cute how the kids get so into the holiday and it's so fun to hear all the creative ways the kids can think of to 'trap' those leprechauns.
Alexa said that her Kindergarten teacher doesn't set traps in their classroom, so Alexa made one at home to bring to school. I hope they catch 'em this year...I could use some of that gold. haha
Last night the girls and I got to work on painting their lemonade stand.
We're trying to take our time and only do a few colors a day. Considering a 3 year old and an excited 6 year old are painting it, it looks pretty good so far. I'm sure they'll be running a very successful lemonade stand this summer. :)


The weather is starting to get nicer here in MN. We're seeing the snow melt and the warm sun has some wearing shorts already. We've had a 'rain' shower which is a great sign spring is almost here..and the kids in the neighborhood have been outside playing. I've put together a few reasons why I can't wait for spring/summer.

* Lillian has been walking around the house the last couple days in shorts. All she wants to wear are shorts. It reminds me how much I love her little legs and feet and can't wait for her to run around outside in the grass in bare feet and shorts.
* I have some awesome reviews and giveaways coming up that are based on SPRING and SUMMER. Cute dresses, flip flops...stay tuned.
* I miss my awesome neighbors. Yes, we have gotten together a few times this winter, but it's just not the same as sitting together around a late night bonfire.
* Sidewalk Chalk!! My kids and all the neighbor kids get together and draw with sidewalk chalk all over the driveway. They make obstacle courses, draw their own houses and make beautiful flowers and rainbows. I love seeing the driveway full of fun designs and colors.
* Evening bike rides with the family. We put the girls in the bike trailer and ride around the trails. It's so refreshing.
* GRILLING!!! My husband is the master griller and there is nothing I love more than the smell of the grill and his amazing food.
* Garage Sales!! I LOVE shopping at garage sales!!
* Flowers! Fresh Air! Green Grass! Lawn Chairs! Swimming Pools!
* The start of soccer and dance classes for Alexa. :)
* Weekend visits to the cabin, going swimming, boat rides, fishing and warm SUN!
* Most of all, I can't wait for the snow to be gone, to walk outside without boots, to not have to dress the kids in mittens, hats and bulky winter coats!!!

This is what I came home to yesterday on my driveway!!
Alexa and her babysitter were outside playing with all the kids in the neighborhood.
The sidewalk chalk was out and bikes and scooters lined the street.
It brought a huge smile to my face!!


Did you remember to wear GREEN today??