Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunshine ~Finally!

These photos were taken this morning by Adam as the girls are getting ready for the day.
He also took them to Lake Julia to play at the park. They were begging to go last night on our bike ride, but they were in their jammies already, so we had to say No.




On their bunk beds.


On the top bunk!

Alexa on the monkey bars and Lillian headed for the slide.

Wheee Lilli!

Riding the dinosoar!

Swinging high!

Daredevil!!



The weekend was fabulous! I went into it feeling overly exhausted and came out feeling completely refreshed.

Even though my eyes felt swollen from being so tired, I managed to make it til one in the morning hanging out with some great friends around a bonfire Friday night. It was a beautiful night and I didn't want to waste it by going to bed. However, when it was time to wake up super early to get things ready for our garage sale Saturday morning, I didn't want to get out of bed. Ok, I couldn't get out of bed. The kids literally had to roll me out.

Our garage sale turned out much better than expected. We came out better than we thought AND the weather was absolutely perfect. Our neighbor across the street was having one, too and our friends a few houses down was having theirs as well. So, it was nice, a little community of friends having sales. We took turns visiting each other and shopping at each other's sales. As much as we sold, I just bought right back from Jamie and Carissa's sales. Adam kept watching me out of the corner of his eye, sneak things back to the house. Ok, it wasn't THAT bad, but I definitely found some treasures. We soaked up some sun and watched our things be sold one by one. I have to admit, it was a little tiny bit sad selling some of our 'baby' stuff. The stroller, the pack and play, the clothes, the crib bedding..ect. I had to give each thing one last hug before another little girl would make it her own.

We shut the sale down at around 3:30 to get ready for our friend Chase's 1st Birthday party. We got him a little Toy Story fold out lawn chair. The girls were so excited to give it to him. We visited with friends and the kids ran all over the yard and played. We ate, Alexa broke the piƱata AGAIN, (She is always the one who ends up breaking it. Don't let her size fool you, she is one tough cookie.) Chase opened presents, we had cupcakes, the kids played some more, the adults visited some more and then we head home. Lillian almost fell asleep in the swing, which was a good indication we needed to get them home to bed. A quick dip in the tub and then it was sweet dreams for both girls..AND their Mama! I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. Lame, I know! But, that long night of sleep was SO needed.

I was still a little tired when I woke up, but got through the day just fine.
We got groceries and then back to the house to clean up the remains of our sale. Adam and Jamie loaded the cars up and brought the leftovers to Good Will. Within a few hours our garage was clean and back to normal. We took the kids, along with Jamie and Maddie, to McDonald's for lunch. We stayed there long enough for the kids to con us into buying them icecream, too.
I tackled a ginormous load of laundry when I got home. Probably the most laundry I've ever seen. Mountains of laundry. I had to search far and wide for a clean pair of underwear for Lillian kinda laundry. I sorted, washed, dried, folded and put away ALL afternoon and evening and I'm STILL not done.

Adam and the girls washed my car, which looks absolutely sparkly. Brand new, in fact. It was so nice out, Adam started spraying the girls with water and once their clothes were all wet, they decided to put swimsuits on. We took them in the back yard and let them run through the sprinkler and sit in their swimming pool for a little while. When Lillian said she had to go 'poop', we figured it would be a good time to take them in, bathe them, feed them and start getting ready for bed. I put Lillian on the couch after her tub, all wrapped up in a towel and since she said she was 'freezing', she didn't want to put her jammies on. She just wanted to stay snuggled in her towel. I put a few more piles of clothes away and came back out and saw her hunched over on the couch sound asleep. I woke her up quick so she could eat, put her jammies on and out for a quick bike ride, then I let her fall asleep for the night. It didn't take Alexa long to fall asleep either. She had such a busy weekend playing with Maddie and helping Mommy and Daddy.
Adam and I were off to bed shortly after. I woke up well before my alarm had to wake me up and I took Chip out for a nice long walk. The sun was shining. A perfect morning. I'm completely refreshed. This nice weather sure helps.