Friday, May 14, 2010

The "thing"!


I apologize for the lack of posting this week, but please let me explain. Because I do have a good explanation, I really do.
You see, I have this "thing" inside my body that is literally wearing me out. This "thing" is the type of "thing" that has been hurting for a few months, since February to be exact. It's the kind of "thing" that comes and goes, but has gradually gotten worse and to the point of me actually going to the doctor for. I had the "thing" examined last week and was sent to an Imaging Center for ultrasounds and a mammogram. Because it's in the type of area where a mammogram is required to see inside. If ya catch my drift. It's the type of "thing" that caused me so much pain during the mammogram that I fainted flat on a chair. Luckily, the "thing" wasn't any sort of cancer, but is still causing me so much pain and frustration that I went back to the doctor this morning. The mammogram didn't identify it as a cyst 100%, just a lot of dense tissue, which is apparently common for women my age. What is this "thing" I'm talking about? You're guess is as good as mine. I'm off to the chiropractor for an adjustment to see if whatever 'it' is, could be pinching a nerve. I will consult with my doctor in a month to see if that helps and if not, our next step is to see a surgeon and get his opinion. At this point, I don't care what the "thing" is, I just want it gone!
In between all of that hoop-la, I have my garage sale going on this week. We opened it Wednesday morning. My husband, that I am so completely grateful for took time off work to run my sale. How sweet is that? Call me crazy, but there is something sexy about a man running a garage sale full of baby clothes and girlie stuff. Maybe it's just my husband. He would do anything for me. Yesterday it rained all day, so we didn't open the sale. Adam had meetings all day anyways and the girls were able to visit with me at my office for part of the morning. Today the sun is shining, which is NICE because it feels like FOREVER since we've seen the sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better. We'll be running the sale, mowing the lawn, going to a neighbors Birthday party and if all goes well, perhaps a bonfire at the end of the evening.
My girls are sick of the rain and cold and anxious to be out soaking up the sun. I hope to be doing plenty of that this weekend.
TGIF!!