Monday, May 17, 2010

Julia Child was a Leo!

This morning I sat down to start a new book! I'm reading Julia Child's Memoirs, titled "My Life in France".

DSC00283

My boyfriend is a chef and we both absolutely adore Julia. Sometimes in the mornings if we're lucky we can catch an episode of "Cooking with Julia and Jacques" on PBS. This always makes me want to cook what ever Julia is making. Last time this happened, we ended up with enough french onion soup for a week. It was delicious.

My best thrifting adventure find is also Julia related! A few summers ago, I was in a small local antique store. I had been in there a few times recently, but it wasn't until this trip that I noticed a little book shelf right off the top of the stair case. On the bookshelf was a First Edition 'Mastering The Art of French Cooking'! It even still had it's original paper jacket. It was only $10. The cookbook originally sold for $10 when it first came out in 1961! I think it's one of my best treasures to date.

Well, Since I've been on such a Julia kick, I wanted to share some great photos I found of her!

julia-child-0908-03[1]

She's so young in this photo! And So pretty!

julia-child-paul

Here she is with her husband, Paul. The more I learn about their relationship, the more I love it. They loved each other so much, and made each other so happy.

julia-child-with-rolling-pins

This last photo is classic Julia, with her rolling pins! She's the best!

What a wonderful afternoon it would be to cook and drink coffee and have lunch with Julia! I wish I could have met her.