Saturday, May 8, 2010

Am I A Roller Derby Girl?

Just a few days ago my boyfriend told me he found out there are people in our city trying to start up a roller derby league! When he first told me, I thought it was interesting, but then pushed it out of my head.... Okay, For a little while!

53Barcelona

This is way out of my normal comfort zone. (Way, Way out there.) I'm a really shy girl. I don't have the most confidence. I have not skated since I was a kid, and I'm not sure I have a single girlfriend within 200 miles of where I live! These usually would add up and I'd talk myself out of it by now. BUT something keeps telling me that I should at least attend the next meeting and see what there is to see. I'm getting really excited about the thought of maybe signing up and trying to skate at least, and If I don't like it, I don't have to go back, right? :) There are, of course, 100 reasons not to do it. I'm Clumsy, Bad Back, etc.. But I won't have another opportunity to join a new league. I never thought there'd even be a league in this town! Everyone will be learning together, so I won't be the only new girl. That helps a lot.

The website says all skill levels welcome, and that they are willing to train you! It might even help me to get in better shape...

roller-derby-fight


Anyone out there play? Advice, Tips, Thoughts, Stories to Share? I'd love to hear it all!