Friday, May 28, 2010

I feel GOLDEN!!


It's my "Golden" today, my Golden Birthday, that is.

The most amazingly handsome man wished me my first Birthday wish at 12:08am as he tucked me into bed. I slept soundly all night until I was awakened by a beautiful princess at the side of my bed wishing me another very Happy Birthday. I snuggled with Alexa as long as I could before forcing myself to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

I was being told by another little princess to hurry-up, so I could open the gifts they got for me.

The first was a bag filled with pretty colored pictures that my girls personally made for me, which are the BEST gifts ever. Also, a big round gaudy vintage ring and a mustard yellow hard cased wallet, that I've been wanting. Leave it to my little Alexa to remember specifics like that. I love her. The bag also included starburst candy and my favorite, reese's peanut butter cups. I gave the starburst to Lillian, because she is cute and I love her, too.

The second bag included a NEW CAMERA!! After feeling so badly about breaking our other one, my darling husband bought me a new one. The best part, it's PINK!! He said it's from the whole family, including Chip. I could not have been more surprised.

The third gift bag contained a camera case for my new camera.

I don't know what was more surprising, the actual gifts, or the fact that Alexa was able to keep everything a secret.

I was brought to tears at how thoughtful my wonderful family is. I could not ask for anything more. They are my absolute WORLD!! I love them to the moon and back.

Over the weekend, while playing with the kids, one of them pulled on my necklace and broke the chain. My Mom ran up to her room and brought me back my Birthday gift. A new necklace. She purchased it online at the Vintage Pearl and had my girls' names engraved on a circle, with a pearl and a moon that's engraved to say "I love you to the moon and back", a saying my girls always tell me when I ask them to tell me how much they love me. It's SUCH a special gift that I will always treasure. THANKS MOM AND DAD!! :)

A special thanks to all who have text, called, left messages, emailed and facebooked Birthday wishes to me today.
I love you ALL!