Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What This Woman Will Do For Art!


This evening, my husband and I took a drive...We were on a quest for "rust" objects and a friend of his had a "treasure chest" of sorts waiting for me at his place where he fixes cars and trucks. So, we drove away from our suburban neighborhood and left for the country--"Lousiana" country, that is, filled with the nicest folks you'll ever hope to meet.


"Goodbye" to manicured lawns and flower beds.


"Hello" to open spaces and mature trees.


We were now in "Bud" country!


Evidence of it was everywhere.


A girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do...


Then, as if by magic, there it was--a whole box of rust items that my husband's friend saved for me....nuts, bolts--all of which had gone through Hurricane Katrina--Once again, I was in "rust" heaven!


I didn't even think about taking a camera with me, but I knew I couldn't leave you all behind on my quest, so I whipped out my camera phone--Yeah!!! Hope you enjoyed the journey! Oh, and hope you enjoyed the "mood" music too! (I have no idea what I will make with it all...I'm hoping that Zuzu from Alter It Monthly will give me some hints!