Friday, September 17, 2010

A sick sleep walker...


My little Cruzie is sick!!
I picked her up from school the other day and she sneezed non stop all the way home. Poor thing. That night she woke up in the middle of the night all stuffed up and congested.
Adam worked with her all morning yesterday, teaching her how to blow her nose. She was so proud to show me that she could do it. Since she has a little bit of a tougher time kicking the upper respiratory illnesses, we gave her a NEB treatment, just to hopefully get a head start on nipping this in the bud.
I hate seeing my kids sick. That pale look with the glossy covered eyes and red nose. I can literally feel how miserable they are.
We all managed to stay pretty healthy last winter, so I suppose we are due to have our share of colds and flu this year.

The girls' new favorite snack...pepperoni, cheese and grape kabobs

*****
On another note, Lillian has been sleep walking lately. Well, I think it's sleep walking anyway? Whatever it is, it has me totally freaking out.
Monday night, Adam and I were up later (watching football) and she comes wandering out of her bedroom, jumps up on the couch and cuddles with the dog. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Chip needs me". I asked her something else about her crazy hair and she said something about picking flowers and putting them in her hair. At the time, I thought she was totally awake. But then Adam took the dog from her to bring him outside to potty before we went to bed and as soon as he took Chip from her arms, she plopped her head down on the couch and was out like a light.
I didn't think too much about it afterwards, but then last night she ended up in bed with my husband and I in the middle of the night, (which happens quite often) and she crawled over the top of me, jumped down off our bed and walked out into the dark living room and sat on the couch. She sat there a few minutes and then yelled for me. I went out there, picked her up and brought her back to the bed and she was sound asleep.
I have no experience with sleep walkers, I don't even know for sure she was sleep walking. All I know is she was up walking around in the middle of the night, and that scares me.
It's only happened twice, but I'm thinking about getting child safety locks for all the outside doors. Am I overreacting about this? Any advice from my readers on this one is very much appreciated.


If you're visiting from the Friday Blog Hops,

WELCOME!!