Friday, September 17, 2010

Pocket Book Tutorial--Lots of Fall Fun!



Feast your eyes on Karen's kitchen!


Doesn't it look like it should be on the cover of a magazine?
I love this "to-die-for" pillow!



Karen (you know, the awesome Graphics Fairy) had her kitchen posted on her blog...I think it is gorgeous! It inspired this little "Pocket Book," and I have made a tutorial in case you want to make one too! It is entitled "A Woman's Work is Never Done." It is made with commercial papers and images from Karen's amazing blog and it is a handy little trinket she can store anywhere.

(If you have not had a chance to see the one I just completed for my friend, Lynn, see the next blog posting as my "travel"-themed one is there.)

I hope you have fun making one, and if you do, let me know and I'll come over to your blog and see it!

You begin by cutting a strip of scrapbook paper. It's about 3 inches wide. You need paper that has designs on both sides.


Next, you begin folding from the bottom upwards.





Then, fold the leftover piece down and it becomes your flap.



Next, you open it up and begin decorating each piece.



Add whatever embellishments you like--(my favorite part!)





Finally, affix glue dots underneath the flap to close it.


Prior to affixing some glue dots, I use a hole punch to make
a hole through the flap so that I can hang "danglies" from it!



Now, your book will be closed and will have lots of surprises
waiting inside for its recipient! I was also thinking that
these could really cute tucked inside of a Christmas card
decorated with holiday papers. (Approx. time: 3-4 hrs.)
It is 3 in. wide and 12 in. long (when open.)

I posted this early so that all of you "weekend crafters" could have a chance to play! And now I'm linking this up to Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy.