Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend full of FRIENDS!


Pizza and movie night on Friday night. Oh how I love pizza and movie night. Especially since I've proven to my husband that I can eat a whole entire pinneapple/canadian bacon pizza all by myself, minus the crust. I'm the only one in the house who'll eat it, so he thinks it's a waste. I will make myself suffer from severe gut pains by eating it all, just so he won't stop getting it for me. It's just so good.
We watched Night at the Museum 2, in which Adam and I both fell asleep. The girls loved it, however. Once they were in bed then Adam and I watched 'our' movie, Funny People. I didn't actually think it was very funny. Adam Sandler was in it and he wasn't very funny. In fact his character was dieing, so it was actually quite depressing. It was a really really long movie with no point to it at all.
This coming weekend, we have a family get together with Adam's side of the family in Albert Lea. It's going to be at a hotel, with a pool. So, I had to spend my Saturday looking for a swimsuit. I refuse to spend $24 for the top and $24 for the bottoms at Target, so I went to Walmart. They only had ONE my size, so it was all or nothing for me entering the dressing room. Lucky for me, it worked out ok and I walked away with a bright pink suit for $18 total. I should warn the family to bring their sunglasses, because this body hasn't seen sunshine in a looooong time. Yikes.
I got an email from the girls' school last week, saying they were getting some new shelving units for their classrooms and were giving their old ones away, so we could help ourselves. I was so excited, because they were FREE. I was able to get 3 of them and Adam spent his Saturday repainted them all. They turned out fabulous and we're so excited to have them in the play area of the basement where the girls can have their toys out and organized.

The girls' new play area in the basement

Our neighbors Jamie and Dave and their kids, Tyler, Maddie and Cody came over Saturday night. The kids played and the adults visited. It was so much fun. It's always nice to get together with them. They are a blast.
We went to church Sunday morning. Lillian was a little bit antsy. She was hungry and wanted to go home. Alexa was very well behaved. She went to Sunday school during mass and was a great listener. As we were leaving, Lillian saw the daycare room that they offer for children during mass. She was invited by the teacher to come next Sunday and play. She met a friend, Rosie, already that is looking forward to playing with her. At first Lillian didn't think she wanted to go, but after seeing all the fun toys, dolls, kitchen..ect..she was all for it.
I went home and started baking for our other company that was on their way. Our friends Timmy and Brie and their little boy Ty, were in town from California. I made banana bread, brownies and chex mix. They arrived around 4 and the kids played awhile before we head out to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate Timmy's Birthday. Brie had surprised him with having some of his friends there to join us. It was a great time. They kids, for the most part, were very good and we enjoyed getting together with everyone.

Happy Birthday Timmy!!

Timmy, Brie and Ty at Buffalo Wild Wings
(the balloons are actually a 'hat' the waitress made for the Birthday Boy)

Tim, Brie and Ty stayed the night at our house, as Brie had a job interview this morning in Minneapolis. We stayed up and watched the movie '2012'. I was in and out of sleep the whole movie, but found it depressing watching how people think the world is going to end. It was another really long movie, for me anyways.
It was another great weekend that, AS ALWAYS goes by way to fast...

The girls played outside a bit on Saturday, we went for a walk and Alexa was able to play with her friends. We got some more cleaning done and organized. We're planning for a garage sale mid to the end of May, so we've been going through things and sorting piles for the sale.
Looking forward to another great week...