Monday, March 22, 2010

Violet Pearl Doily

Yep, I am still playing with my Nans's Needlework and Sentiments sets from GKD.  This time I went with a monochromatic theme using hues of purple.  The 4 1/4" square base card is PL Lovely Lavender.  I stamped the awesome doily in Lulu Lavender Memento ink randomly on the card base.  The doily was then stamped with Grape Memento ink on a  PL White panel.  The sentiment was also stamped in Grape ink, cut out with petite oval nesties and shaded with some Lulu Lavender.  Both the sentiment and image panels are layered onto PL Vibrant Violet panels.  I finished off with some lavender satin ribbon tied in a pretty bow and lots of little white pearls and a large pearl brad.  Scary, I didn't use rhinestones or glitter!



This is the final card I am entering in the Moxie Fab Diggin' on Doilies challenge.  I hope you're still keeping your fingers crossed for me.  Well, I know Debbie is!