Monday, March 22, 2010

Another fabulous weekend in the books...

Alexa and Emma, eating lunch.

Alexa, Emma and Lillian

Yummy grilled cheese sandwiches!

Emma and Alexa, playing dress up!

Posing for a picture..



Adam made pizza and we watched Disney Channel with the girls Friday night. It was early to bed because we already knew how crazy our Saturday would be.

Alexa had her long awaited play date with her friend Emma from school. She literally counted down the days, starting at 25 until Emma would come to her house and she'd be able to show off all her toys and dance on her stage. They played dress up, watched a movie, had a snack, played barbies, watched some more of the movie, dressed up again, danced, played house and then ate lunch. They were so busy. They were initially very excited to see each other and began to play quite well. However, now I know why the teachers at school ask them to 'tell' only if they're bleeding. For a good hour or more, it was a constant "Alexa isn't being nice to me", "Emma is so bossy Mommy", "I want that toy and Alexa won't let me have it", "Emma isn't playing nice"...ect. At first, I was trying to stay calm, talk to them both and make sure that all was well before leaving them to continue their playing. But, after awhile I just said, "You guys have to work it out yourselves. Be nice to each other because soon Emma's Mom will be here to pick her up and you're going to be sad you didn't have fun." There were a few more whines and cries, but for the most part, they had a real good time. They even included Lillian in their play time, which was very nice.

Emma was quite frightened of our little puppy Chip, so Adam had him outside all morning while he took down our Christmas lights and fiddled around in the garage. Speaking of Emma being scared of Chip, Adam and I couldn't help but laugh when she was eating her rice krispy bar for snack and all of sudden Chip was let loose and ran up to her chair. The look on her face and the sound that came out of her mouth is like nothing I'd ever seen or heard before. You would have never guessed she was a teeny tiny little 4 year old girl..ha ha. The bite of rice krispy bar that was in her mouth fell on the floor and Chip ate it, which made her scream even more. I should have felt so sorry for the poor little girl, whose heart was going a hundred miles per hour (and I did), but I couldn't help laughing. Maybe it was one of those 'you had to be there' moments. I'm sorry Emma.

After the play date was over and I had a nice visit with Emma's Mom, I went inside and showered and finished eating my lunch and got ready for the day. We ran some errands and came home and got lazy and laid around the living room. For some reason Adam and I were both so extremely exhausted but knew that we had to get up and ready for our neighbor's Birthday party.

Our neighbor Mike, turned 41 years old last Tuesday. My youngest brother Tiny turned 20 on the 12th and I went a good couple days feeling very old. But, after going to Mike's party with him being 41, I now feel very young again. I love it.
We had such a great time. We had a bonfire, grilled food and hung out outside. The kids ran around the yard, playing and having fun. When we all got cold enough, we went inside to continue the celebration. The kids ran all over the house and had a ball together. It's always great seeing the kids playing and getting along so well. Mike and Inna's house is like a fun house for kids. They have more toys than you can ever imagine. My kids beg to go over there and play. While they were running and having fun, the adults had some fun, too. We have the best neighbors and friends ever. The night got a little late. Little Lillian had fallen asleep in my arms while we were there, but Alexa and Hannah managed to stay awake until 2:30am. Luckily Alexa slept in til almost 10 on Sunday.

We made breakfast and Inna, Tori and James came over to eat with us. It was so fun and we can't wait for our next get together.

The rest of the day was spent BBQing with Benski, playing outside and cleaning the house. Lillian took a good 2-3 hour nap and Alexa got to ride bike with her friends.

Benski is leaving for California with his beekeeping boss for a couple weeks. Adam took him to the airport this afternoon. I made him brownies last night just the way he likes them, not completely cooked so they are extra ooey gooey.

I love the fact that the weather is getting nicer. There is nothing more fun than sitting outside watching the kids run and play, enjoying the sunshine, visiting with the neighbors and the smell of the grill making a delicious supper.

Looking forward to a great week ahead...Dancing with the Stars tonight. Whoo hoo! I already told Alexa she could stay up and watch it, if she was a good girl.