Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Happy Saturday! The card I am sharing with you is one that I created for last Monday's color challenge over at StampTV . My friend Tina is the Color Challenge hostess for the next three months and for her first week she chose the colors pink and white (only). I was expecting purple as that is her favorite color, but nope she zigged down the pink/white road this week. I really, really tried to make this card in the CAS (clean and simple) style and although I added some ribbon and layering I am pretty proud of myself because I could have easily piled on a little more! My original idea was to emboss the white card as you see and then just layer the white image panel with the pretty pink flower from the Pressed Flowers set from GKD. I just couldn't stop there, I added the ribbon (w/o the bow).........still wasn't happy. Added the pink panel behind the image panel........was starting to feel a little better. Finally I added the little bow, pearls to the flower center and some Diamond glitter glue. Then I was happy.

Tomorrow, I hope to play in some of the other challenges over at StampTV.

Hugs,