Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!



Hi there! I made this card for my MIL who is celebrating her birthday today.  My boys call her Nana, so I thought this was the perfect set to use for her card. I created using my friend Nina's new sets for Gina K. Designs called Nana's Needlework and Nana's Needlework Sentiments.  I have had these sets for a little while now as Nina had asked me a few weeks ago if I would be one of her Designing Friends for this release.  Of course I said yes, yes, a thousand times yes.  I love Nina's designs and she had given me a couple of hints that there was a doily and some needlework, the ideas started flowing.  For this card, I started with a base of PL Kraft cardstock and then layered with some PL Cream and print cardstock from the Websters Pages Home for the Holidays/Winters Wings Petite Paper Pack.  The doily was stamped three times, once with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, once with Versamagic Pink Petunia and once with Distress Bundled Sage.  I cut out the different sections and layered it up.  I then added some buttons, rhinestones and ribbon to finish it off. 



I am going to enter this card in the Moxie Fab Diggin' on Doilies challenge.  Keep your fingers crossed!



Tip:  The ribbon I used was only 5/8" wide so I cut it down the middle and then adhered it back to the sentiment panel with Scor-tape. 



Hugs,