Monday, February 1, 2010

Spring Chickie



Hi there, today I have a cute little Spring Chickie card to share with you. Lately most of my stamping has been for one project or another. I had gone to town yesterday and when I got home I told my guys I needed some studio time (I came out long enough to heat up some clam chowder and prepare the bread bowls for them to eat it out of) and off I went. I have had this adorable Penny Black stamp on the shelf for quite some time and decided to get it down and get it inky. I stamped the image in Memento black ink and colored it in with my Copic markers. After coloring, I added some shimmer to the chick and the flowers with Spica glitter pens. I have had this sentiment stamp from Inky Antics for several years and thought is was perfect for my little chick but I only wanted part of it on the front and the rest on the inside so I used a little trick I have used before. I put a piece of tape over the words that I don't want inked up and then I ink up the rest and remove the tape before stamping. Be sure to remove that tape or you will have an inky mess. All of the cardstock used was scrap from previous projects. Yeah for that!