Thursday, February 18, 2010

CSS Hope is Faith Inspiration Blog Hop


Feelings of Hope

Gina challenged the CenterStage Spotlight team to make a card with the new Hope is Faith stamp set using the photo above for inspiration. Check out Gina's blog for all the details on this special stamp set. I have created three cards to share with you tonight. The first one was inspired by the photo above.

I started with a base of PL Fresh Asparagus and then layered with some print cardstock from My Mind's Eye followed by some PL Sweet Corn that was punched
with a Fleur De Lis Edge punch and layered with some more print cardstock and a pretty satin bow. The beautiful butterfly image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on PL Sweet Corn and colored with Copic Markers and then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots EF. I stamped the butterfly a second time with Stazon Black ink on acetate and layered it onto the stamped image. The butterfly was finished off with some Diamond Stickles. For the inside of the card, I stamped the butterfly in Versamark ink and then overstamped the sentiment from the Hope is Faith set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

This card was created completely with scraps that were on my desk. I love that! The solid cardstocks are PL White, PL Lipstick Red and Passionate Pink. You will find them here. The butterfly was colored with Copics and Spica Glitter pens. The layout for this card was inspired by this card created by Cindy Lawrence. The size of this card is 3" x 6". I like this size, small but mighty!
This final card is a biggie at 5" x 7". I used PL Lipstick Red, PL Passionate Pink and PL White for the layers. The pink layer was embossed with the Victoria (?) CB EF. I inked each of the butterflies with several inkpads in shades of pink to red. Of course, they were finished off with some Diamond stickles and fun buttons.

Now, stop by these designer's participating in the hop tonight:

Melissa Cash {you are here}