Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hair Did/Albert Lea/No Naps for Alexa/Potty Trained Lilli/Churros/14" of Snow

I had the week from 'you know where' last week. My boss had come back from a week long Expo down in Florida, so catching up was a bear. Not only that, we went through a huge price increase this year that, of course, went into effect the week he came back. Every day last week I got to work and wished that I could go back home, crawl back into bed and just start over. So, our Friday night spent over at our friend's Mike and Inna's was a much needed escape. We ordered Chinese and the kids played.


Tori and her Mini-Me, Alexa, had fun taking pics on the computer.

Silly!

Seeing double..

Under the Sea...

Inna, the magnificent, worked her magic on my hair, coloring it a gorgeous mixture of red, blonde and brown. I can see where getting your hear done can become an addiction. It feels SO good.
My hair up in foils...
Inna put pink streaks of washable dye in Alexa's hair and spiked Adam's hair red. It was hilarious. Adam washed it out right away in fear 'guys' might hit on him. Alexa wore hers through the weekend, even to church! She was sad when I made her wash it out for school on Monday. She wanted to show all her friends. We left their house sometime after midnight. Alexa had fallen asleep, Lillian was rubbing her eyes and we had to get up early for the trip to Albert Lea. I left feeling like a new woman with a great new hairstyle. THANK YOU INNA! :)


We packed up Saturday morning and left for Albert Lea. Adam and I had an appointment to do our taxes, while Benny watched the girls. The taxes went ok, not as great as we thought, but at least we didn't have to pay in. We had lunch with Linda and Lillian napped. We went to church that evening and had a delicious pasta dinner at the house before going out with Benny, Amanda and Isaac. Alexa was extra tired and sad when we left, which was heartbreaking. I left her my cell phone to text me on Adam's phone if she wanted. We text for a little while, then she ended up falling asleep on the couch.
We had gone to the Green Mill for a few drinks. It was nice to get out for awhile. Amanda and Benny left early and Adam and I stayed out with Isaac. Lillian was still awake when we got back to Linda's. But, fell asleep instantly after putting her into bed.
It's always fun to go visit Linda, we had a great time. We sure missed having Andrea there, tho. We talked about going up to visit her in Duluth this summer. Sometime in July, hopefully.
When we got home Sunday, the girls had a bath, we made pizza and popcorn and they watched a Thomas movie. We caught the last few mins of the Super Bowl and then it was off to bed.
Back to work on Monday, starting yet another busy week. I had a chat with Alexa's teacher, Ms. Tracy. She mentioned to me that Alexa (and others) were having a little 'party' during naptime. She thinks that it's best if Alexa joined the school aged kids during nap time, because we just don't think she needs that 'resting time'. Adam and I have been thinking this for a long time, but understood why they recommend the nap/rest time in the afternoons. For Alexa, though, she is only there in the afternoon, so having her sleep or rest half the time, really isn't necessary, we don't think. I'm glad Ms. Tracy realized this yesterday, too, and Alexa will now have extra work time in the afternoons with the school aged children. Alexa was very happy about this also, but was concerned she wouldn't get her blanket back from her cot. I assured her we'd talk to Ms. Tracy and get it back. I had a talk with Alexa and told her I wasn't happy with her for being disruptive during naptime for those kids who really do want and need to sleep, but I knew that she didn't need a nap, so I'm happy for her that she is able to have the extra work/play time.
Lillian continues to do very well going potty at school. She only had 1 accident last week. She wears her pretty panties to school and all day at the house. We're very very proud of her. We are officially diaper free at our house, but still keep pull-ups on hand for night time or longer trips away from home.
The girls and I made Churro's last night, a special little Mexican treat. The first batch didn't turn out at all and we ended up throwing them all away, but the second batch went much better. They were delicious. We ate them for breakfast this morning. Yum!

It started snowing on Sunday, or cummute home from Albert Lea wasn't the greatest, and it's still snowing as I'm typing. I literally can not see outside my office window, the snow is piled up so high. We've had to snow blow the driveway at least 4 times in the last 24 hours. I woke up yesterday morning to my husband snow blowing in his shorts. I'm just thankful that he at least had his boots on, normally he wears his crocs. I'm getting very sick of the snow, anxiously awaiting spring.
My husband...snow blowing in his shorts...