Friday, August 14, 2009

Yum O! Strawberry Limeade!








Here is a fun card that I created for a few of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on SCS a couple of weeks ago. I think this was one of my favorite cards that I did for the challenges. I started with a sketch and the inspiration of bright summery colors. There was also a challenge to use a food item. I had recently purchased this fun print K & Co. paper and knew it would be perfect. I stamped the fun littleAW/Whipper Snapper cooler with Adirondack Pitch Black ink and colored it with my Copics. I cut it out with my petite oval nesties and layered it all up. I added some Glossy Accents to the ice cubes and then stamped the little citrus wedge and colored it up like a lime. I cut a little slit in the top of the glass and slid the lime in. It is hard to see, but after I colored the straw, I went over it with a yellow Spica glitter pen.


The inside is pretty self explanatory, I stamped the words and used my Copic marker to swipe a little color accross the sentiment.


Well, I must run and pick up the house a bit. I will be heading to the store in a bit to put out some new Fall stamps and lots of new paper. I'll take my camera and share a peek later.