Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Recap



Adam worked late again Fright night. It was his last night of 'extended hours' for the summer Thursday night, and then Friday was the big end of year party. They had a 3 on 3 basketball tournament and Adam's kids took 1st and 3rd place, taking home some nice trophies.
Whoo hoo!


The girls and I went to the bus center at the air port and picked up Andrea, returning from her trip to Duluth. She had such a great time, met lots of new people and got lots of things accomplished for the upcoming school year. She was full of stories and had lots of pictures to share.


We made pizza and garlic bread for dinner and then went to the Ugly Mug for ice-cream and cookies. I can't remember the name of the band that performed that night, but they were very good. We sang along to the music and Alexa and Lillian danced around the tables. The girls played cards and tic tac toe - it was lots of fun. We walked back home and put Lilli to bed and let Alexa stay up with us for a bit. She wanted to sleep in the basement with Drea and wanted to wait for her to go to bed.


We ran some errands Saturday morning, got a few groceries, ran to the bank..ect. Then, went to my co-workers to pick up some things. We bought a futon from him and then he gave Andrea a TV stand to bring to her apartment in Duluth. We spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and just hanging out. We ran to Sam's Club for a quick dinner and then visited with our neighbors Jamie and Dave when we got back and the kids played with all the neighbor kids until it started to get dark and rain. We got a nice thunderstorm and lots of rain Saturday night.
Sunday seemed to fly by, before I knew it, it was 4 o'clock. I got the girls dressed and fed and then went straight downstairs to our guest room, where I've kept my "garage sale" boxes. I went through each one, sorted everything and put a price tag on each item. It took some time, but I'm glad to have it done. I'm looking forward to getting some more donations from the All Stars families this week. Adam has his draft this weekend, so I've tucked the stuff away again, but starting next week, I'm going to start taking the stuff up to the garage and organizing out there. Adam's parks are closed all this week and next, so it's perfect timing for him to be home to help me get things set up. I'm going to have to get going on making some signs next.


Sunday afternoon/evening we spent outside playing with the neighbor kids, Erika, Natalie, Logan, Jordan, Maddie, Cody and Victoria. Cody, who is 3, has a small little (I don't know) 12" bike (maybe) without training wheels and Alexa was determined to ride it. She was able to pedal about 2 1/2 times before tipping over and then Cody wanted his bike back. Since Alexa has 2 bikes, both with training wheels, I asked Adam if he could maybe take the training wheels off one of them for her to try and practice and she'd always have the other one with training wheels, too. So, he took the training wheels off one and took her out to the road and set her on the seat, held the bike and told her to start pedaling. Thinking that she'd tip, he ran along side her. She took off like she'd ridden bike without training wheels her whole life. I was absolutely shocked. My baby! Adam caught up to her and grabbed her, to make her stop. Otherwise, she would have gone all the way down the road. I thought to myself, that had to be just a fluke, she can't do that again. The neighbor kids were even amazed, all recalling their first time riding without training wheels. One said they ran into a tree, another said they used just one training wheel.


But, Adam put her back on and let her go and sure enough, she did 4 loops around the road without hesitation. She rose her bike without training wheels like she had done it her whole life. We broke out the camera and video camera, we cheered and hollered. She had the biggest smile on her face. She was pretty proud of the fact that she did such a good job in front of all her friends, too. She wanted to impress them all. Now she fits right in with the rest of them. Way to go Alexa. I'm so proud of you baby girl! I will post pics soon.