Monday, June 14, 2010

How's your June?

Okay, at the beginning of June, I posted on this blog about how I wanted to make this month the Best Etsy Month Ever! Anyone remember? Since it's just about half way through the month, I thought I would check in, tell you all how my month is going on Etsy, and then see how you're doing!

My June so far
-Sales are slow, but steady, and they seem to be picking up as the month goes along.
-I'm trying to get out to thrift stores, etc at least a couple times a week. So I never run out of items to list!
-I'm trying to list in the Etsy Shop everyday, and have managed to do so except for just a couple days. (These days were filled with friends, cookouts, shopping, housework, etc, It is summer after all. :)
-I'm posting on my Facebook Like Page more, and trying to get some interaction going there.
-All my etsy items have been extra organized. Shipping supplies fully stocked, new drawers to keep all my vintage jewelry sorted by piece, so I can find it quickly when I need to ship. This makes for much less time spent packaging up sales and getting them out in the mail.
-Taking a least a few product photos every day. It's hard to list if I don't have nice, edited photos. So If I do a little of this every day, it doesn't get overwhelming thinking of taking and editing 300 photos in one day!
-I was invited to join, and signed up for an account with Lookville! It seems to be a good place to network with more fashion loving people. Great place for tips and advice on fashion too! It's also a great place for me to do some research about the kinds of Vintage Fashions people are currently looking to buy!
-My nice new business cards should be here any day now.
-I like to and have been trying to promote other sellers, especially on Twitter. Great way to help the whole Etsy Community grow!
-I'm Still trying to get photos of Customers showing off their S.S.Vintage purchases! (Want to help? See Here!)

Overall the month so far has been great. I would love to have made a few more sales by now, but I'm getting a lot of new things listed, and the more that's in the shop, the more sales I can make. It also seems like the harder I work, and the more days in a row I work on the shop, the more the sales start to trickle in. Just working on getting the shop name out there and noticed, I believe that will bring me more sales in the long run too. I'm considering purchasing a few small ads, maybe on other blogs/websites. All this effort is going to pay off!

Tell me about your month! How's it going? What have you been up to (in your Etsy shop, and in general!)?

Want to see the new goods? Shop Smelly Shoes Vintage!

Hope you have a wonderful June!