Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading??



Ok, I'm trying hard to get back into the groove of things around the old "blog" homestead here, so I'm back again participating in my book buddy Sheila's weekly meme - "It's Monday, What Are You Reading?" (see her blog for more information on all the great blogs who particpate in this weekly get-together! http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2010/06/14/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-40/)

What Did I Read Last Week?

I managed to do quite a bit of reading last week. As the temperatures begin to soar in Texas, we "bookies" tend to stay inside and read during the heat of the day! I read.....

On Folly Beach by Karen White - Excellent!!



Little Town, Great Big Life by Curtiss Ann Matlock - Very Excellent!

Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue by Dixie Cash - Excellent!

Hearts On A String by Kris Radish - Excellent!




To Hell On A Fast Horse: Billy The Kids, Pat Garrett and the Epic Chase To Justice in the Old West by Mark Gardner (I promise, that is the whole title!!) - Very Excellent!

Sand In My Eyes by Christine Lemmon - Excellent!




State Fair by Earlene Fowler - Very Good!

What I'm Reading Now:




The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook - oh, this is a goooood one!!! Can't wait to share the review with ya'll!!
(I'll be hosting a blog stop on Claire's book tour for her new book, "Seven Year Switch," on July 21st! I'm so excited!!)

What I'm Gonna Read This Week:

I have high hopes for reading this week! Here's what I have planned, but you know what they say about the best laid plans....

Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb

Spoken From The Heart by Laura Bush



Insatisable by Meg Cabot

Somewhere Inside by Laura and Lisa Ling

Every Day In Tuscany by Frances Mayes

Paradise Under Glass: An Amateur Creates A Conservatory Garden by Ruth Kassinger




Ambitious, I know, but hopefully I'll be able to get all these in!

Happy Monday, ya'll! Thanks for coming by! See ya real soon!!!