Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Favorite! :)


It rained a little bit yesterday, so the kids were playing inside when I picked them up from school. Lillian's class has recently moved to the front room and the school agers are back in Lillian's old classroom. It a good change of scenery and I'm happy that Lillian has some nice natural light now with the big windows in front.

A little girl with the biggest brown eyes and blondest hair was waving at me from the window when I pulled into the parking lot. When I got inside Ms. Skyler said that she was their 'greeter'. She stood there, waved and smiled at all the Mom's and Dad's picking up their kids. She was maybe one and a half or so and was so excited to see me, even though I wasn't her Mom getting ready to take her home for the night.

Lillian ran right up to me and gave me a huge hug. I scooped her up and asked her how her day went. After she told me she had a good day, she said that Levi hit her and then pouted and folded her arms across her chest. Her head was hung down, but her little eyes looked up at me waiting for me to say, Oh poor baby and give her hugs and kisses.

Her teacher's Ms. Brittany and Ms. Skyler (Lillian says, Britt-Any..love it) could not say enough good things about Lillian. Brittany offered to babysit for the girls. She said they aren't supposed to have a 'favorite', but Lillian sets the bar. She is such a calm, mellow kid that holds her ground and stands up for herself. She is very polite and the absolute cutest kid (her words, not mine).

I stood there and listened to them gush about my baby. Of course I know all those things because I'm her Mommy, but it's nice to hear them from other's, too. Especially her teachers.
Alexa took a field trip to Hastings yesterday to Aspen State Park and went strawberry picking. A full review on that (from Alexa herself) tomorrow, equipped with pics of the delicious strawberries she picked. Stay tuned.