Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend of Antique Shops

I'm home from my weekend in the country. I was able to visit with Family from New York City, Texas, and North Carolina, and other family I have not seen in years! I saw my Niece graduate from High School, Visited Antique shops all over, Had a family get together or two, Went to a couple new restaurants, and then finished the weekend up Roller Skating with my youngest niece. I tried to make lots of plans to get together with my family again over the summer. I had a fabulous time this past weekend!

We must have visited ten different antique stores this weekend. I wanted to show some photos of some of the bigger places. We were in small towns, but these old barn and buildings were full to the brim with rooms and floors of antiques and treasures.

DSC00021

I only wish we would have had more time to explore in these places! Of course, I could have spend 12 hours in just one of these shops, and probably still would have felt like there were things I didn't have a chance to look at!

DSC00018

I purchased a couple things at each shop, But this next place was my favorite.

DSC09973

The top floor of this old Carriage House had nothing but antique chairs! There were also rooms full of furniture, tools, books, art, and endless other goodies.

DSC09974

The first night when we got back to my moms place, I took this photo of some of my finds. This is only a tiny portion of the goodies I found, and doesn't show the SEVEN Vintage and Antique Cameras I found and purchased for the Shop.

DSC09994

I had a lovely long weekend, but I'm glad to be home. I always miss my Boyfriend and our Cat. It will be good to get back into the swing of things on Etsy and the rest of life.

What are you doing with your Summer??