Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chip - Part I

Lillian, Chip and Alexa

Our puppy met us at the door when we arrived home from school/work Monday. Yes, our 10 week old miniature dachshund, that isn't potty trained yet. I thought I was seeing things at first, but sure enough, he was really there, jumping at my feet.


I ran upstairs to see how it was possible that he got out of his kennel and I'm dumbfounded how this tiny little dog could be strong enough to squeeze his way out of the top corner of the door of his kennel. The top latch is broken and he was able to weasel his way thru the small little opening at the top. (I actually wish I could have seen him do it)


I was immediately angered at the thought of him being alone in our house all day, roaming around each room as he pleased. Where did he decide to use the bathroom? What did he chew up and ruin?


I ran around the house frantically looking for signs of puppy bowels or damage and to my surprise, I found nothing...smelled nothing. So, he couldn't have been out of his kennel for very long. Still, the thought. What did he do all day? What did he do with all his freedom?


My guess is that he slept all day in his bed.