Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tropical Bloom -- Just Us Girls


Good morning! The rain has stopped (for now) but it is still gray and gloomy here. Yuk! Sorry for the bad pic, but what is a girl to do without sunlight? I created this card for the JUGS2 challenge on the new Just Us Girls blog. JUGS is a new blog that will have a new challenge each week. This week we were asked to paper piece somewhere on our card and to use pink as a bonus for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I paper pieced the squares from the Hip to Be Square set from GKD with cardstocks from Basic Grey's Bittersweet collection. I'll be sad when I run out of this cardstock cuz I think it is soooo purtiful! The cream and pink backgrounds were embossed with the Victoria CB EF. The stamps used are from GKD's Tropical Blooms set. I love how they look like pink poinsettias. You can't see it in the "oh so fine" pic, but there is some microfine glitter on the pink flowers. I used teeny tiny brads in tan and brown for the centers of the flowers. I used the Chocolate Spica glitter pen on the stems and leaves of the flower and they are so pretty and sparkly. For the outer edge of the frame I used my Copic marker R81 to give the look of another layer of cardstock.

Supplies:

Stamps: Hip to be Square, Tropical Blooms--GKD
Paper: Cream and Pink from Stash, Chocolate-GKD, Bittersweet DP-Basic Grey
Inks: Espresso-Adirondack, Petal Pink-VersaMagic
Extras: Ribbon-Stash, Mini Brads-GKD, Chocolate Spica, Copic R81, Microfine Glitter, Victoria CB EF

Have a great day,