Monday, October 12, 2009

James..Booya..Twin's Game..and More..

Update on James:

I've been getting updates from his sister, Tori and she seems to say that he is doing GREAT! He came out if his surgery very well and continues to get better. He peed 4 times and pooped twice Saturday, which was HUGE, I guess. He got a nice visit from a couple of the MN Twins, which I'm sure he liked over the weekend. Tori says he's getting back to his bossy self. I'm not sure if they've started the dialysis, I'm assuming they have. Tori's updates are very brief and I'm still not sure how much she really knows or understands at this point. I will update when I hear more from Mike and Inna. Until then, please keep him in your prayers.

We had another busy fun-filled weekend. Friday night the girls and I came home to the smell of a nice cooked Mexican meal. Adam was busy cooking in the kitchen for us and his brother Benny and Benny's girlfriend, Amanda. The girls and I took Chip out for a quick walk while we waited for dinner and Benny and Amanda to arrive.

It was so nice meeting Amanda for the first time. I'm happy Benny found someone sweet and is so very happy. We enjoyed a nice dinner and then the girls stole Amanda away to show her their room. She ended up reading them several books, over and over...poor girl.

They played Candy Land and wrestled with Chip before I put them to bed. They've been going to bed so good lately. It's nice.

I made some banana bread and we played cards til the wee hours of the night. How Adam can manage to ALWAYS win, is totally beyond me.

Amanda came with me to get my haircut Saturday morning. I was in desperate need, trust me. It's short and I have some bangs...it's cute.

Saturday afternoon, Benny took Amanda around the cities and went shopping, while Adam, the girls and I went to Hastings to Vic and Sara's big BOOYA. It was our first Booya experience and I hope it's not our last. We bundled up in layers (because we woke up to the first snow fall of the year - yikes). The girls fell asleep on the way there, so we drove around a bit touring the great city of Hastings.

Vic was in charge of the big Booya pot, which smelled absolutely delicious. We found a nice cozy corner of their garage and sat right up to the table. Adam and Alexa served Lillian and I the most scrumdelicious Booya. I was worried I wouldn't like it, but boy it was good. And a perfect meal for such a chilly day. The Booya was complimented well with some bread and tons of snacks, popcorn, chex mix, bars, cookies and cake. It was important to Lillian that she have 'cake' and she ate plenty. It was also Alexa and Lillian's very first taste of 'pop', orange pop that is. I was a little disappointed..they actually liked it. They shared half a can. Adam and I ate an overabundance of Booya, Alexa didn't even care to try it (baby), and Lillian devoured at least 2 bowls herself. So good! We visited with Barb (own loan officer on our house) and her sisters, as well and Vic's sisters and family. They are such good people and made us feel so welcome.
I hope we get invited back next year! :)

We played kick ball outside with the girls and then left when Adam rolled his ankle tripping over a hay bale. (Thank goodness we have a ankle boot and crutches as a permanent fixture in our house as Adam seems to need them every other month or so.)

Uncle Benski came over Sunday to grill and watch the Vikes with Benny and Adam. We had the game on in the garage, so the girls could play outside with the neighbor kids. Brr..It's just so cold for October. Lillian was soo happy to see Benski. She had been asking for him ever since I told her he was coming, Saturday night. Benski has such a calming affect on those girls. They are just drawn to him. They sat and watched Monsters vs. Aliens, so I could shower.

Then, the big highlight of my day was that I got to go to the Twin's game. Benny bought tickets for Amanda and I. We left at about 2:30, thinking the game started at 4, but when we got there the gates were still closed and when we asked when they were going to open them and they said 4, we questioned when the game started. When they said 6, we called home right away making sure it was still ok that we went (Benny had to work). We were fine to stay, so we ended up walking around the dome a couple times, waiting for the gates to open. I unfortunate, didn't bring a warm jacket, cuz I thought we'd get right in, so I about froze to death. We still had 2 hours to wait once we got in so we walked to the lower level and down to the field to watch batting practice. We bought cute beads to match our cute Twin's outfits..and got a free towel for signing up for a free TV.

We ended up sitting next to a Yankee's fan, but he was very very nice. Not a typical New Yorker. He let us use his binoculars to see Kate Hudson in the stands across the field and didn't mind when we gave the Yankee's crap. We were disappointed when the Twin's lost, but they held in there and played a fairly good game. Needless to say, Amanda and I had a great time and can't wait to go again next season.

We also witnessed a guy get arrested for running out on the field in the middle of the ninth inning. He tried climbing the outfield wall and was tackled and hand cuffed by security. Wow!