Friday, October 23, 2009

Blessings to You




Hi there! I hope everyone is having a great Friday. I have been waiting for my CSSDT box to arrive from Gina K Designs, but snail mail is at it's best this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive tomorrow.

I spent the day finishing up my class kits for tomorrow and then decided to make this cute little card using my new Give Thanks (Anna Wight) set from Whipper Snapper. I knew I wanted to use the Snow and Cedar 6 x 6 paper pack from Poppystamps so that was my jumping off point. I ended up using four colors of paper from this pack! I love the little teeny tiny dots that this paper has. I decided to use the tree from the Give Thanks set and away I went. The base card is 4 1/4" square. I layered the light blue dot cs and then three of the green prints to form a hillside. I stamped the tree on the blue print first and then I embossed it onto some bark cardstock w/clear embossing powder. I cut the tree out (without the leaves) and paper pieced it to the card. I stamped the tree again on one of the orange prints from my Basic Grey Indian Summer 6 x 6 pad. I cut each leaf out and rolled a half a mini glue dot and placed them where they needed to be on the tree. (about now, I can hear AW cackling like a hen as I fuss to get each leaf in place). To finish off the card, I cut a few leaves for the ground, went around each leaf with the Chocolate Spica glitter pen, did some faux stitching, added a couple of buttons (tied w/twine as buttons should never be naked....never,never ever). I finised off the card with the "blessings to you" sentiment from the same set. If you need any of this goodness, you can get it here.


I am off to fix dinner, I'll let you all know if my "box" arrives tomorrow. I will be most happy if it does!

hugs,