Saturday, October 17, 2009

Buttermilk Hen


Hi there! I hope everyone is having a good day. It's a bit humid here right now (makes me think I am in the south) I was supposed to be out of town teaching two Copic classes and well let's just say, plans changed........not my plans though. I had made kits for 24 people, my bag was packed and I was all ready to get up at 5:00am and head north. I'm just glad I didn't make the 3 hour drive and then find out!

So rather than sulk about what could have been, I decided to stamp! Stamping is the best therapy afterall. For the last several weeks, I have wanted play along with the challenges over at Crazy 4 Challenges and I just haven't gotten around to it. Today was the day! This week is week 7 and the challenge is another great sketch created by Cindy Haffner. Check out the challenge here. So I have a layout and now what? The team over at Just Us Girls has a color challenge for the week. You are to use aqua, red and cream for your card/project. If you want to check out that challenge go here. So when I combined the two, I came up with the cute little card above. The size of this card is 41/4" square. I started by embossing the front of the card with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug EF. I then layered a piece of Cosmo Cricket Early Bird DP to a cream panel and pierced the edges. After I layered this to the red card, it looked like it was missing something, so I added the red stitched sticker strip (say that fast 3 times) from the Early Bird kit to the edges of the print paper for a finished look. I knew I wanted to use my Buttermilk Hen stamp from Lockhart so I stamped her in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a cream panel, colored w/Copics and cut out with my circle nesties. It looked kinda plain so I whipped out my Verve Just for You set and added the red dotted frame around Miss Hen. I paper pieced the wing of the hen with the small print from the Early Bird kit front cover. I did this because I wanted a small print and why throw the cover sheet out? The hen panel was layered to a red scalloped panel and then to the print panel. I added a few gems to finish it off. The gems were clear and I colored them with my copics so they would match perfectly!

Supplies:

Stamps: Buttermilk Hen-Lockhart, Circle Frame from Just for You set-Verve

Cardstock: Early Bird-Cosmo Cricket, red and cream from stash

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug

Extras: Copics (YR21, YR31, Y000, BG0000, Y28, BG45, BG72 and G21), Spica Glitter pens (Lipstick, Gold and Clear)

Thanks for hangin in there for my long winded post,