Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Visit with friends and the LEAF!

Adam's mom was already waiting for us at the house when we got home. She came to stay the night on her way to Brainerd for work. She also came to watch the girls for me while I went out with Jayne and Helen from the radio station I used to work at. We've tried to stay in touch over time and this was the longest it had been since we'd gotten together, so we had tons of catching up to do. The last time we were supposed to meet was the day Lillian broke her arm when she was only 6 months old. I had to cancel and take care of my baby.

It was great seeing the ladies again. Helen is enjoying retirement (she finally left that place) and has her grandkids over to play almost every day. She is the busiest lady I know. Jayne is going to be a 1st time grandma - CONGRATS!! And enjoys spending her free time with her husband, riding motorcycles on the open road. What a life! I caught them up on the kids and the new house, our jobs..ect. We had a wonderful dinner and visit. Until next time...

I rushed home to watch The Bachelorette ~ After the final rose. I know - I'm SUCH a dork. I was upset that Jillian picked Ed over Kyptin and then even more upset when Reid returned and she denied his proposal and stuck with Ed. Uuugh!! They seem happy - so more power to them, but I have doubts it will last, like all the other Bachelor's and Bachelorette's.

The girls went to bed and Adam came home from work. He showed his mom and I pictures of Alexa at swimming lessons. I will figure out how to put a slideshow on here one of these days - I know it's possible, I just have to take the time to figure it out. Then, I convinced him to let me buy a metal leaf wall hanging from Pier 1 off craigslist for $10.00. He thought it was too big and gaudy, but I convinced him otherwise and took a 10 out of his wallet.

The funny story of the leaf is that our friends have one. Sara bought it and hung it in their guest room and her husband Vic, makes fun of it and thinks it looks more like a shield. We teased them about it, but I actually REALLY liked it. Fun - different!! So, I found one on craigs list the other day and will be picking it up tonight to hang in my kitchen. Adam pretty much thinks that it's ugly and gaudy, but I don't care. I like it! Sara and I think we have beautiful leaf wall hangings and the guys think they have shields of armor! I'll post a picture when I get it home and hung up! You'll have to let me know what you think.