Thursday, July 23, 2009

I have the best girls!

I had another chiropractor appointment last night. I was a bit nervous being it was at 6:30 and I would have to take the girls with me. They both hate watching Adam rub my back because they think he is hurting me. So, they'd have to sit in the waiting room by themselves. Adam had packed Alexa's backpack with things to do, like color books, crayons, reading books, snacks, diapers, wipes..ect.

I took them to McDonalds beforehand and they were able to run around a little bit and they both ate good, so that was another bonus.

We got to my appointment early and I was able to get in right away. The girls found a bucket of legos in the waiting room - opened their backpack and played together on the floor. They could not have been better. I heard them laughing and playing together while I was getting my massage. Alexa is SUCH a good big sister and really takes care of Lillian.

When I was all finished with my adjustment (I've been having issues with my rotator cuff) I went back out to see any damage they had done to the waiting room. I was surprised to see that it didn't look too bad. Dr. Novak had put in an Elmo DVD for them and they had opened their bag of snacks and pulled out some books. Dr. Novak had also asked Alexa to make a big tower out of legos and sure enough, she did.

We rushed to the concert in the park, making it just in time for the first song. It was the Jack Brass Band! Not as many people there this time, but the girls found some friends any ways to dance with up by the stage. We even ran into our neighbor Sheila and her daughter Erika. The girls sat by Erika and she shared her popcorn with them.

Adam was home when we got back, he had mowed the yard and watered already. I took Lillian in right away and put her in her jammies and to bed right away. She was so tired, she even asked to go nigh-night. Alexa and Adam showered and then put Alexa to bed, too. Adam has a canoeing trip with his boy teens this morning, so the girls had to get up early and go to school by 8:30. Alexa is a bit lazy in the mornings, so it was a little tough for her to get going. She doesn't like to be rushed.

We have a playdate planned for tonight with Mackenzie. We haven't seen her in a few weeks, so the girls are excited.