Monday, July 13, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sunflower



When I sat down and started this card last night, I had no idea that it was going to be the perfect card for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #26 but it was! A couple of weeks ago, I saw this card by Cyndi Bundy and I filed the image in my itty bitty brain so that I could case (copy and share) with you. I started out by using the sunflower image from the same Stampendous set that Cyndi used but I wanted to do a little different technique for the glitter portion of the flower. First I stamped the flower with Stazon Black ink on the acetate and then I turned it over and colored the flower with my Copic markers. First I put down a layer of Y38 (Honey) and set it aside to dry really good. After a few minutes I added a layer of YR04 (Chrome Orange) to the inside of the flower petals. Now I was ready for glitter but I could find my AI Dries Clear glue anywhere so I scribbled a few lines of glue on each petal and then sprinkled with Crystal glitter. I then added black pearls from Kaisercraft to the bottom right corner of the card to resemble the sketch and then there was this THUD on my head and it dawned on me to put some of the pearls in the middle of the flower and I like the way it turned out. I would like to call it Stained Glass Copic style! So I will! If you decide to give it a try, I would love for you to leave me a comment with a link to your project so that I can check it out and leave you a little love too!

Hugs,