Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sew Many Cards Stitch Challenge

This week's challenge over at Sew Many Challenges is to make a card using stitching....be it faux or otherwise.  I chose to use this new Owen image as I just think he is the cutest!!!  You can purchase this image here.  Wait until you see what you get for FREE this month with a $10 order!!  But before you go shopping let me tell you about what I did with this project.  You can barely see my stitching as I used a light color thread but if you look closely you will see it up the sides...don't look too closely as I need much more practice!!!  It was fun getting my sewing machine out and trying though....I usually go the quick and easy route and do faux stitching but I just purchased the Janome Sew Mini a while back and thought I would finally sit down and have a go with it and well....I do love the look but I definitely need to practice as I said.  The patterned paper I used is from K & Company and their Berry Sweet line.  The ribbon is Making Memories and the cardstock is Crushed Curry from SU.  That sentiment is from the Tiny Tags SU set and I used the coordinating punch with it.  Here are the copics I used:


We are tickled to have Stitchy Stamps as our sponsor this week.  They have generously donated 3 digi stamps from their store to the winner of this week's challenge!  Here is a little bit about Stitchy:

Hi Everyone, my name is Stitchy and I create under the name Stitchy Stamps...I have been creating digital images for designers for almost a year now and try to learn something new everyday...I started out in paint shop pro about 8 years ago and started making digital scrap kits..then I was introduced to the wonderful world of paper crafts and card designing...like I said, learning new everyday, the rest is history...I can't draw enough to keep me satisfied anymore lol...
Living in a small town in upstate New York, tucked away where cable doesn't even go...friends are far and few between...But being on the internet for the past 10 years, I have gathered quite a few from around the world...Just like I learn something new everyday, I also try to meet someone new every day too...
Thank you Angela and company for allowing me to sponsor you...I am truly honored...

I had the honor of playing with one of their images this week and I can't wait to share my project with you....please come back and visit!  Also, before I go congratulations to Mary S you won the new release Owen and Duncan image I showcased last week!!!