Monday, April 12, 2010

National Library Week - April 11 - 17, 2010


It's National Library Week!

I absolutely love libraries! They are the heart and soul of any town, and have a near and dear place in my heart.

My mother starting taking me to the Kemp Public Library when I was a little girl, and I grew to love our trips there, picking out books and soaking up the unique and memorable smell of pages and pages of words! I used to participate in their summer reading program, and since I was a voracious reader, I won many awards for most books read during the summer.

When my kids were old enough to go, I took them to the Kemp and have wonderful memories of helping them pick out special books to read. And they participated in the summer reading program, just like I did! Now that they are grown, all of my boys are readers and I am so proud of them!

The Kemp Public Library is now the Kemp Center For The Arts, and the Wichita Falls Public Library is a big beautiful building that carries on the fine tradition of reading in my hometown of Wichita Falls, Texas.

So take a few minutes to check out your local library this week, or just stop in and tell them Thank You!