Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick Little Girl

My little Lilli has been battling a cold for a little over a week now. Last night she woke up complaining of her right ear hurting. She was so restless and in so much pain. She didn't seem to want to lay or sit. I tried holding and cuddling her, but she just wiggled in my arms. We watched The Little Mermaid at 2 in the morning, just to take her mind off of it. She ended up falling asleep on the couch with me during the movie. I had given her some Motrin, but it didn't seem to kick in until 2 1/2-3 hours later.

Adam took her to the clinic this morning to check for an ear infection and he said her ears are clear and her breathing sounded good. Her oxygen levels were good, but recommended to keep up with her nebulizer treatments, just for precaution. He advised to giver her a dose of Motrin an hour before she goes to bed to help her sleep. Adam just emailed me this photo of her napping. It was a long night, so I expect she will take a good long nap today, at least I hope so. Wish I could be there, snuggled up to her.