Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Randoms...

It seems that so many things go on in our lives and there is just so little time to blog about them all.

***I'm still working on my picture slideshow of 2009. Yes, I'll admit I've been slacking a bit, but I promise it will be posted soon. We have so many pictures on our desk top and then even more on our lap top. I'm in the process of combining the two. Please bear with me.

***Last week we had Alexa's parent/teacher conferences. Adam and I had a nice visit with Ms. Tracy. Her report card looks fantastic and she is beyond where she should be for her age. Ms. Tracy has no doubt she will sail through kindergarten. She has a few things to work on; focusing on her worksheets (she likes to visit with her friends and play) and not getting so frustrated with herself when she can't do something on the first try. Otherwise, she has great manners, she's very respectful of the other children and the teachers, she's a great helper, loves to read and the teachers just love her. Adam and I were very happy to hear such great remarks.
We've been in contact with her elementary school and are hoping for either all day or afternoon kindergarten. It's set up on a crazy lottery system and all depends on where we live, ect..ect..ect. So, keep your fingers crossed we get one of the two.

***I'm still loving my newfound hobby of cooking. Adam usually comes up with the main dish and I make it along with the sides and dessert. Last weekend Adam chose meat loaf. My brother Ben came over Sunday and waiting for his sour face, I told him I was making meat loaf. To my surprise, he was for it and was willing to try. Again, I kept everyone out of the kitchen, wanting no help or instruction from anyone. This is all me! I made meatloaf with tomato, onion, green pepper and substituted oatmeal with bread crumbs. I just knew, as I was mixing the ingredients, that my brother and especially Alexa would gag. I was going to make French onion green beans, but didn't have the cream of mushroom soup, so I went with baked potato slices and carrots instead. I drenched them in oil and popped them in the oven with the meat loaf. I also warmed some tortillas, thinking Alexa would like her meatloaf rolled up like a taco. To my surprise my brother loved it and Alexa took more than just half a bite. She was able to eat at least half of what we served her. I have to admit, it was pretty good. I was just as impressed as they were. I served turtle bars and ice-cream for dessert. The turtle bars could have used a few more minutes in the oven, but we all liked them ooey gooey better. Another successful dinner!

***Does anyone have SKYPE? Look us up under laresfamily.