Monday, April 13, 2009

You're one of a Kind


I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I had a very relaxing day and found lots of time to "play" in my stamp room. First I worked on some projects that we will be putting on display in the store, I can't show you them right now, but soon.

For this card, I used the Poppy from Anna's Blossoms and Butterflies set and the sentiment is from the Friendly Expressions set. The layout was inpired by a card I found while blurfing (blog surfing) The card is the second one in this post on Kristie Lee's blog, Cupcake Martini. I just recently found Kristie's blog and love her clean and simple style. Thanks for the inspriation Kristie!

The green checked print paper is from the Memory Box Homespun 6 x 6 paper pad. The orange print cardstock is from a Basic Grey 6 x 6 pad (I can't remember which one). I punched the lace edge with my Martha punch. The flower was stamped with Lettuce Adirondack ink on the stem and Espresso Adirondack ink on the blossom. I stamped the blossom twice and colored with my Copic markers. The second blossom was popped up on foam tape. I added a little shimmer with my Spica Glitter pens. The natural twine was from my stash. For the finishing detail, I added a rhinestone at the end of the sentiment in place of the period that was there.

hugs to all,