Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Funfilled Weekend in Albert Lea..

We finally, and I say finally because it's really been awhile, took a trip down to Albert Lea to visit Adam's mom, Juan and Benny.

It's that time of year where traveling away from home and having to pack for this unpredictable weather is tough. I mean, one day last week was 90 degrees and then all weekend it was in the low 50's, windy and raining. I have to admit, I packed late Thursday night as the girls were trying to sleep and I didn't do the best of job. I brought sundresses for them to wear to church and only one set of warm clothes. Luckily, a trip to "New to You" allowed Alexa to wear her dress Sunday. We found a cute little white sweater for her to wear over the top.

Adam had warned his mom that we were on a "diet" beforehand, so she planned accordingly. I was very thankful she didn't make any bars or cakes or cookies or anything like that, and instead had a fridge full of fresh fruit and veggie salad. I'm talking the biggest strawberries I've ever seen.
We were however, welcomed with a grill filled with the most delicious rack of ribs. I was starving and definitley helped myself. I'm proud of both Adam and I though, we didn't over-do ourselves. He actually did better with his self dicipline than I did. We both ended up eating and icecream bar and a reese's peanut butter cup, tho. Shame on us. We remained active all weekend, tho.

Linda had gotten the girls some Easter baskets and lots of treats. Hair pretties, candy, color books and toys. Lillian got a huge blue ball that she enjoyed kicking around the house and garage. Alexa got some hair curlers that we tried last night. Pictures to come.

I didn't realize until I was putting the girls to bed that we didn't explain to Alexa that Auntie Ti-Ti wasn't going to be there. Alexa said to me, "Mommy, I've been waiting and waiting for Ti-Ti, when is she going to get here"? I had to tell her that Ti-Ti was at college and wouldn't be coming this time. She was ok with that, but I still feel bad for not explaining that to her right away. I can imagine in her little mind, she was just patiently waiting for Ti-Ti to walk through the door. I forget sometimes how old Alexa is, and how much she understands and observes.

The weekend was mostly rainy, windy and cold, so we spent most of our time out in the garage with the music blasting. We danced, rode bike and jumped rope. We had jump roping contests and regardless of what Adam tells you, I WON! I was determined to get to 100 jumps in a row and when I was getting close, Adam paniced at the thought of me doing something better than him and threw a ball at me to screw up my jumps. I made it to 89 and his highest was only 75.

It was Albert Lea's prom over the weekend as well, so we were able to take the girls to the mall to see all the pretty dresses at the Promanade. Alexa, Lil and I sat along the edge and Lillian just had to "touch" all the dresses that passed by. She would throw a hissy fit if she was unable to reach one, so Adam took her and walked her around the store until the show was over.

Lillian was "teething" all weekend, so she wasn't in the greatest of moods. She was quite fussy at times from the pain. She didn't eat much either, which made her tired and hungry. She tried hard to be a good girl in church, but they had a baptism that took a little longer. Twins! I had to take her out in the hall for a bit, which she didn't like, but at least she learned her lesson. When we walked back into church, she sat much better.

We head home mid-afternoon, right as the sun was starting to come out and get nice, of course. We got the girls home, bathed and fed, then ran to Walmart for some groceries.