Monday, April 20, 2009

California Poppy

Good Monday Morning! I will be off to work soon, but wanted to share this card with you first. Being a Cali girl, I have always loved Poppies, but lately I have really been getting into them. When I saw this image from CHF, I knew I had to have it.

I embossed the image with detail gold EP onto Canson 140# cold press watercolor paper (yes, paper matters) and then used Jerri Kay's Tombow watercolor technique for coloring. I was lucky enough to take her class at CHA and all I can say is WOW!

I used various shades of yellow/orange/green for this card. I didn't keep track, but if you want specifics I will pull them and let you know. The green and orange cardstocks are from my stash and the print is from Basic Grey's Marrakech line. A friend sent me a few pieces from her 6 x 6 pad. Note to my paper buyer (need this too!) The ribbon/trim is from Maya Road (I think), I have had it for awhile now. The buttons are from various places. I used my Nesties for the oval and scalloped oval.

Oh, I must get ready for work.

hugs to all,