Monday, November 16, 2009

Split Negative Trees


Hi there! I hope you are all having a happy Monday. We had a pretty quite weekend around here. I had a nice visit with my Mom and Sister on Saturday and that is always fun. Yesterday I hung out at home. Sunday is turning into baking day around here. First I made my MIL's Peanut Butter popcorn and then a little later I make an apple cobbler with apples from my inlaws tree. The cobbler recipe I use is EASY PEASY and can be found here.

The card I have to share with you today is one that I made for last Tuesday's technique challenge over at StampTV. The technique is called Split Negative and it was as easy as the cobbler I made yesterday! I inked up the trees from Gina K's Tree Silhouettes set with Top Boss ink and embossed them with Detail White EP (The Cat's Meow) on PL Fresh Asparagus cardstock and Malachite EP (Judi-Kins) on PL White cardstock. I cut them both out with my Labels 2 Nesties and then cut them in half. I then matched up one half from each color combo to create the Split Negative. The image layers were attached to a piece of PL Black Onyx cs that had been run through the Cuttlebug with the Diamonds (?) embossing folder. The card was finished off with some ribbon, brads and some crystal glitter.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!