Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pajama Day!

Alexa and Lillian in their jammies for pajama day at All Stars Montessori!

It's the last day of school for my kids before Christmas. They were both invited by their teachers to come in early today to celebrate and have a Christmas party. It was an all school pajama day and they'll be watching The Polar Express and having popcorn and hot chocolate. They will be doing other fun activities as well. They were both so excited to be having a party with their friends and snuggling in their pajamas. I'm a little jealous actually.

I think people are actually starting to take the winter storm that we've been hearing about seriously. Adam's family has decided to all come up this afternoon to try and beat the storm. I'm happy for that, as I was stressing a little bit about them traveling tomorrow. My brother Ben went up to my parents last night and is planning to come back down Christmas Day. We'll see about that, though. I think he may just find himself stranded in Elbow Lake. My husband is taking it a bit more serious, too, forcing his mom to come up today.

However, he was outside this morning shoveling the end of our driveway in shorts and crocs with no socks on.

*confused* I'll never understand how he can wear shorts in the winter and hooded sweatshirts in the summer??????????????????????

So, once Adam's family gets here, I say, BRING ON THE STORM!

I'm planning on coming in to work tomorrow (Christmas Eve), that is, if I can get out my front door. Over a foot of snow in some areas, they are saying. They are even comparing it to the Halloween snow storm we had in 1991 where we got over 28 inches of snow. Yikes!

I feel like I'm just rambling, but seriously, it's so slow at work today. I think the rest of the world either A. already planned to take this week off for Christmas or B. is now taking it off last minute to get to where they were supposed to go for Christmas early, to beat the snow.


Dooo Ta Dooo!!


How much you wanna bet the phone won't ring today?


Ok, so being I'm a little bored today..here are a couple cute stories about my precious baby girls.
We had Lillian's conferences a couple weeks ago, as I mentioned in a previous post. Her teacher told us that the one thing that Lillian needed to work on was using her words. She said she knows she can talk, because she hears Lillian talk to Adam when he drops her off and to me when I pick her up. But, she wouldn't ever talk to the teachers or her friends. So, Adam and I had a talk with Lillian, telling her that it was important that she used her words at school and that she could talk to Ms. Keiya and her friends. The next week her teachers were absolutely flabbergasted by the change in Lillian. They asked us what we did, because now Lillian won't STOP talking. She jibber jabbers all day, talking to Ms. Keiya and singing songs with her friends. They said it was a night and day difference. Silly Lilli! Once again, she does things how she wants and when she wants to.

Every day that I go pick her up from school I walk in the door and one of the teachers says to me, "Oh you gotta here what Lillian did/said today". Then Ms. Keiya proceeds to tell me stories of Lillian trying to change her own poopy diaper or when she says 'duck' it sounds like another four letter word and how she follows Ms. Keiya around all day and says "What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing?" We all laugh and get a huge kick out of our little Lillian!

My personal favorite is when she says "tayn-tew-titer" (Thank you Sister) or "tayn-tew-elcom" (Thank You, You're Welcome).

Alexa and I have always had this little girle gesture where we say "OooOOOoooh" and then touch the tips of our pointer fingers together and then say, "Tttssss". Well the other day we made up this new one where we kiss the tip of our pointer finger and the wiggle it like we're waving to each other. Lillian was watching us do this, trying to copy our every move. Words can't describe how absolutely adorable this is, but watching her kiss her finger and try to wiggle it, is DARLING! She ends up wiggling all her fingers and then almost her whole fist. It's so darn cute. And she knows how to 'use' it against me. I'll try to be putting her to sleep and she act like she is sleeping, eyes closed and everything and then right before I'm about to get up and leave the room, she opens her eyes, kisses her finger, wiggles it at me and then shoots me the biggest grin ever. I've never felt frustration and love so strongly at the same time before. I want to spank her little butt and kiss her all over the place! Stinker! Little Stinker, I tell you!

Sunday, while Adam and I are cleaning the house like mad, Alexa and Lillian go to their closet and put dresses on. This is not an unusual occurrence at our house, by the way. Every day when Alexa gets home from school she will go to her room and put a dress on, turn her radio on to KDWB as loud as it can go and dance her little heart out until it's time to eat dinner. Anyways, so I took a break and jumped in the shower and Alexa runs in and informs me that her wedding is in 15 minutes. She is to marry Adam and Lillian is going to marry Chip. I laugh and say ok. I continued to take my time in the shower, enjoying every minute after working so hard all day. A few minutes later Alexa barges in again and asks how much longer I'll be because the wedding is about to start. I told her I didn't want to miss her wedding for the world, so I'd hurry. I peeked around the shower curtain and saw her talking into her bracelet around her wrist, "Get em ready in 5 please". She was playing wedding planner/bride. It was adorable. She was telling people to get the flowers ready and people to get in their places..ect. I giggled to myself watching her run around making wedding plans. Lillian just followed her around like a little puppy doing what she was told. Finally it was time for the wedding, everything was in place and I played the priest. They said their vows and said, I Do's and the it was time to kiss the bride. Adam picked Alexa up and planted a big kiss on her face. She was SO embarrassed. She giggled and turned red. Lillian held Chip around the neck and bent down and let him lick her face. We all laughed at each other. However, I couldn't help but think that some day my girls actually would get married. I whispered to Adam, can you imagine planning our girls weddings. He just sat down on the couch and shook his head. He had a smile on his face, though. He would give those girls the world!! We should start a 'wedding fund' alongside their 'college funds'.

Just talked to the UPS guy and he said they are saying at least 5 inches of snow tomorrow for the morning commute and it's supposed to keep accumulating all day along with the wind picking up. FUN!