Monday, December 21, 2009

Another whirlwind weekend...


My co-workers are always so generous in giving the girls gifts for Christmas.
Steve, his wife Kathy and daughters Alicia, Paige and Courtney gave Lillian a little play table and Alexa a couple playdough sets and lip gloss. They were, of course, THRILLED. We made playdough ice cream treats this weekend. This will provide us with hours of fun this winter.


As I sit here at my desk at work, I wonder, where on earth did my weekend go? It feels like I was JUST here. Sigh!

All summer I would day, "Oh, when summer is over thing will slow down". And now I'm saying, "After the Holidays things will for sure slow down". I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Our Teal Christmas party went very well on Friday. The food was delicious and there was PLENTY of leftovers for us all to take home to our families. Lucky for me, too, as we had our friend Isaac over Friday night for dinner. He stayed the night and spent all day Saturday Christmas shopping.

Adam and I finished our Christmas shopping on Saturday, too. We had our neighbor, Tori, come over and watch the girls, so we could finish up what we needed to get in a hurry. It ended up taking us much longer than we had anticipated, but at least we finished. And Tori said the girls were great, so that made me happy.

We ate a quick dinner and then I took Alexa to the CVS for her to pick out something for Lillian for Christmas. She still has a hard time with the idea of giving. She wants to make sure she gets something for Lillian that she will like just as much so Lillian can 'share'. I had to remind her that Lillian got something for her, too. Anyways, after we did our shopping we went home and did a little holiday baking. My girls are such big helpers, aka spoon and bowl lickers. We had a great time and then the 3 of us snuggled together in my great big bed. Adam was at the neighbors talking about 'boy stuff', as Alexa says.

Sunday morning while eating breakfast, Adam and I made a list of all the things that we wanted/needed to get done before his family came for Christmas. There was a list of at least 20 things, that in the back of my head didn't think we'd get to half of them. But, we worked our butts off and actually accomplished everything on our list, but one thing. Alexa was able to spend some time outside playing in the snow with Maddie, while Adam shoveled the driveway and cleaned the garage. And Lillian and I cleaned the heck out of the inside of the house. I even managed to make 8 banana breads for us to deliver to our neighbors with our Christmas card. We worked steady all day. Figuring this might be our last opportunity to look at Christmas lights before Christmas, we quickly delivered the banana bread and set off to look at the lights, before the Vikings game.

You can tell we had a busy weekend when Lillian fell asleep at 6:30 and Alexa was sleeping by 7:15.

Adam watched the first half of the game while I ran to Target to pick up a few things he needed to make enchiladas and rice for my co-workers. My Christmas present to them. I got home at about 9 and sat down to rest for the first time all weekend. Uuuuggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Eventually I got up to help Adam finish up the cooking and then slept on the couch while he played video games.

4 more days until Christmas!! :)