Friday, June 26, 2009

Is this heaven?

Just got over a summer cold. I haven't had a cold in the summer in a LOOOONG time. It's just as "unfun" in the summer as it is in the winter. ;)
Then this week not one...but both our cars broke down and are in the shop! Don't know where the money is going to come from for those problems. We also had to rent a car. What a bummer. However, I do have to say I like driving this little rental Nissan instead of my usual Eurovan. I feel like I've lost 200 lbs. lol!

Now we are heading to Iowa...

John Kinsella: Is this heaven?
Ray Kinsella: It’s Iowa.
John Kinsella: Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven.
Ray Kinsella: Is there a heaven?
John Kinsella: Oh yeah. It’s the place where dreams come true.
Ray Kinsella: Maybe this is heaven

My hubby quickly made this pic yesterday night. I think it's cute.

field of chicken dreams

Field of Dreams...love that movie! We’re heading to Iowa for 2 public screenings of Mad City Chickens this weekend. Iowans want their backyard chickens, and we hope to help them get ‘em.

~June 27, 2009 Iowa City Environmental Film Festival presented by IC Friends of Urban Chickens - 2:00pm Robert A. Lee Rec Center Social Hall, 220 S. Gilbert St.

~June 28, 2009 Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Public Screening presented by Cedar Rapids Chicken Chat group and the Indian Creek Nature Center - 2:00pm Indian Creek Nature Center.

Anyone in Iowa? Come on out for the free screenings. I'd love to see ya.