Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The House..

I woke up yesterday morning with a 'vibe' that we'd get a phone call regarding the house. Adam and I went through a rough day Monday, not hearing anything AGAIN. We'd been waiting close to 9 weeks now and it has been SUCH a long wait. We had gotten our hopes up to hear last Friday and when we didn't hear then, we hoped for Monday. When we didn't hear on Monday, we were pretty discouraged. I try to remain positive for Adam, because he takes it pretty hard. We're encouraged to "hang in there" by our realtor, but it's hard.

So when I got the call yesterday morning at work from Alexa and Adam screaming, "WE GOT THE HOUSE" in the phone, I was THRILLED. I couldn't understand them because they were screaming so loudly, but I heard the word "house" and the excitement in their voices, so I "knew". Unfortunately for me, I was at work and had to contain my excitement a little bit more than them. I was excited but also had the feeling of "are you sure?" because we had waited SO long to hear an answer.

Mid-afternoon I was sent to Lakeville to pick up some parts for work and was able to call Adam and my mom and scream a little myself. It was a rush, let me tell ya and it felt soooo good.
The day seemed to take forever. I just sat here thinking of all the things I could be doing at home. We only have 3 weeks to pack. I organized things in my head and took a deep breath. It's been a LONG 9 weeks waiting to hear our answer and now that we know it's finally ours, the remaining 3 weeks until our closing date will go super fast. We'll close Wednesday, June 3rd and right away we'll start to tear down wallpaper and paint. We'll gradually haul things over while we can and then prepare for the big move over the weekend.

The girls were playing outside when I picked them up from school and when Alexa saw me she ran through the gate with her arms extended for me to pick her up and spin her around. She whispered in my ear.."Mommy, did we get the house?" and then we screamed "We got the hoooouuuse, we got the hooousse". Lillian was running behind her, so I picked her up, too and we all jumped for joy together.

I had gotten the girls a mini trampoline on free cycle as a surprise for getting the house, so we went to pick that up before heading home. They were both so excited and loved it so much, they jumped and jumped while I made them dinner. We ate, cleaned up, I gave them a bath, got jammies on and then relaxed for the semi finals of Dancing with the Stars. Lillian fell asleep right away and Alexa was able to keep her eyes open til the end of the show.

Adam came home and we celebrated getting the house again by jumping up and down and screaming (in a whisper - cuz Lil was sleeping) WE GOT THE HOUSE - WE GOT THE HOUSE!!! When Alexa went to bed, Adam and I sat down and reviewed some paper work we needed to get signed. We'll have LOTS to do these next couple weeks.

We're just so happy we're able to give our girls a nice house with a nice yard. We sat and reflected a little on the last 5 years, yeah, we'll be married five years in July!! Wow! We started out in a one bedroom apartment with me making pennies working at the radio station, Adam going to school full time, working basically full time hours and interning part time, PLUS having a baby. Now, one more apartment, a townhouse, 2 new jobs and another baby later, we're buying our first house. It's pretty awesome actually.