Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Benski off to Cali

The girls and I met Uncle Benski at Target last night on our way home from school. He is heading off to California today to prepare the honey bees for their transition back to Minnesota. He will be gone for about 2 weeks, so he needed to pick up a few things like sunglasses, a baseball cap, ect.

I made a quick dinner last night. Ben and the girls wanted mac and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. (Hey, they asked for it, so I made it.) Easy enough! We helped Ben get his laundry sorted and in the wash, so he could pack for his trip. Lillian was a bit crabby for a while, just kinda fussy and wanted me to hold her, until she got her second wind.

Dancing with the Stars started, so we gathered in the living room to watch. Alexa was quiet and tired, I could tell, so she got her jammies on right away and sat quietly during the show. Lillian on the other hand would not sit still for me to put her jammies on, so she ran around in her onsie. She climbed on the coffee table (which I let them do) and danced and danced for nearly and hour. She was throwing her arms in the air, slapping her knees and giggling hysterically. She thought she was so cool, and seemed very proud of herself. Ben and I got the biggest chuckle out of her. She would bend her knees and sway her arms to the music of the show, and try to mimic their dance. It was absolutely adorable. Did I even think to video tape it at the time? NO!! Ahhh!!

I put laundry away and cleaned up the house between commercials. Adam came home and then Lillian started to wind down. I nursed her on the couch and she fell right to sleep. Once DWTS was over, I put her in her crib and then held Alexa in my arms, cradled like a baby while Adam, Ben and I watched Castle, our new favorite show. She fell asleep right away and actually stayed in her bed until almost 3 in the morning. She woke up (she said) because of the noises outside from the wind.

I said goodbye to Ben this morning and wished him luck in California. He seemed to be anxious and excited for the trip. I gave him the phone numbers of our friends Timmy and Brie, so he could get together with them if he had a day off.