Sunday, March 23, 2008

Twinkling Tombows Technique

So what is Twinkling Tombows? Tombows and Twinkling H20's thats what. In the following pictures, I will show you how I like to get the watercolor look using my markers first and then topping it all off with Twinkling H20's and a little glitter glue.


First, I picked the stamp that I wanted and then I gathered some markers, H20's, gold embossing powder, watercolor paper, mini mister, and my Niji Waterbrush.



You'll notice that I have quite a few markers pulled out and an extra little piece of watercolor paper. I swipe each color of marker on the smaller piece so that I can figure out which of the colors I will use.


Oops! I forgot to edit this picture, but you can see that I have eliminated some colors.


First, you will put down the lightest colors that you have chosen.

Next, you will add the next darker shades of markers and blend in a circular motion with the waterbrush.


You will continue adding your markers from the lightest to the darkest and blending with the waterbrush after adding each color.


We're almost there...............
Can you see it happening? At this point, I pulled out a couple of my colors of H20's and put a light wash over each petal.

Then I matted the image (using scraps--whoo hoo!) and stamped the words in Graphite Black Brilliance ink. The image stamp is an Alesa Baker design from Impression Obsession and the words are from Papertrey Ink.

Something just wasn't right, so I had to add a little bit of Stickles to the leaves and petals.


Voila! It's done and ready to be mailed.

I hope this tutorial will help you use your markers and H20's together.
TTFN!
ETA: I have had a couple of people tell me they couldn't remember what I was calling this technique, so I am changing the name from T & T to Twinkling Tombows. I hope this will help. It should make it easier to search for also.