Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pastel Inchie Cards

Here is my set of inchie notecards that I made last week. This set came about because I wanted to make a card for the Stamp Simply challenge last week. I have had these wonderful watercolor notecards for quite some time and have been wanting to use them. I started by embossing one of the Formal Squares Cuttlebug folders on each of the notecards. I knew I wanted a watercolor look for the inchies and because the Inchie Squares are made of a very high quality artboard, I knew I wouldn't have a problem if my image was a tad wet when I stamped it. I rummaged through my flower stamps and finally picked two from Hero Arts and two from Penny Black (links on the left) and colored them in with Tombow markers and lightly spritzed with water before I stamped them on the inchie squares. Once they were dry, I added some little words from Papertrey (also linked on the left) and Stickles glitter glue. You can learn more about the inchies and ways to store them by going to the Inchie Arts website.

I need to take pics of the cards from the first swap at the store and I hope to upload them some time this weekend.

Hugs,